Isaiah 40: 27-31
28 Do you not know? Have you not heard?
The Everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth
Does not become tired or grow weary;
There is no searching of His understanding.
29 He gives strength to the weary,
And to him who has no might He increases power.
30 Even youths grow weary and tired,
And vigorous young men stumble badly,
31 But those who wait for the Lord [who expect, look for, and hope in Him]
Will gain new strength and renew their power;
They will lift up their wings [and rise up close to God] like eagles [rising toward the sun];
They will run and not become weary,
They will walk and not grow tired.
WAIT! That is a key word in verse 31. Why are we tired? If we do not spend time with God, studying His Word, we are going to be tired because we have not waited on Him. We have not cleansed and renewed our minds. We are carrying around a lot of negative junk—self-defeating talk, bitterness or anger over petty things, unforgiveness, aches and pains, depression. Spending time with God renews our minds so we are focused on the positive. HE is our Strength, our Healer, our Redeemer, our Defender. We CAN do all things through HIM.
But the other part of WAITING is not moving forward trying to do things when we haven’t gotten a go-ahead from God. When we try to do things in our own strength, we waste our energy on things that will likely have little or no success because they aren’t things God has planned for us. But we go ahead, and then when we fail; we feel depressed. If we had waited, we wouldn’t have used up all our energy on things that get us nowhere. When we wait for God’s plan, we will have all the energy we need.
What should we do while we are waiting? Focus on God’s promises. Actively speak positive things into our lives. These are some of my favorites.
- No weapon formed against us can prosper.
- God has plans to prosper me, not to harm me.
- Greater is He that is in me than He that is in the world.
- I can do all things through Christ, Who strengthens me.
- Nothing is impossible with God.
- If God is for me, who can be against me?
- Nothing can separate us from the love of God.
- Every good and perfect gift comes down from the Father of Light, in Whom is no shadow of turning.
- My God shall supply all my needs, according to His riches and glory.
- The steps of the righteous are ordered of God.
- You will hear a voice behind you saying, “This is the way, walk ye in it.”
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your path.
- If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.
- No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly.
- I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.
Are you tired and weary? Are you lacking strength? Wait on God and be renewed so you can soar!