Psalm 107:1 (NIV) -“Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.”
November brings thoughts of being thankful. Hopefully, it is more than thoughts, and our hearts really are filled with gratitude for the many blessings in our lives. I truly try to walk with a thankful heart all year long, but during the Thanksgiving and Christmas seasons, I find my heart welling up with thanks for the overwhelming gifts that God pours out to me on a regular basis. Today I share 30 reasons to be thankful—one for each day of the month—though this list could be much longer. I encourage you to cultivate gratitude in your life. Focusing on positive things helps to avoid negative energy and depression, which can rob us of life’s little joys.
“Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.” Philippians 4:8 (NIV)
I am thankful…
- That Jesus Christ is my Savior.
- That the Holy Spirit guides me each day of my life.
- For God’s Word, the Bible, which teaches me all I need.
- For a loving husband who is supportive and a true partner in life.
- For two beautiful daughters who love the Lord.
- For two outstanding sons-in-law, who love my daughters and are good fathers to their children
- For five wonderful, awesome, intelligent, handsome grandsons.
- That my children and grandchildren live very close to me, and I am able to be involved in their daily lives.
- For a happy childhood and parents who loved and nurtured me. And for my in-laws, who have always been second parents.
- For siblings and extended family–the love we share and the fun times we enjoy.
- For friends who encourage and challenge me.
- For my career as a teacher and all who touched my life in those years.
- For new visions and tasks to conquer that I may use my gifts and talents unto the Lord.
- For the beautiful home God has provided me that keeps me safe, warm, and allows the space to gather family and friends.
- For the beauty of God’s creation that is ever changing and the fact that I have a front row seat in my home to the nature that is all around me.
- For health and wellness for my family.
- For times of relaxation and vacation and travel.
- For finances that supply my needs.
- That God allows me to participate in His kingdom by giving to others out of what He generously gives to me.
- That God helps me to grow, despite my failures, into His plan and purpose for me.
- For answered prayers.
- For a country where I can freely worship.
- For a country where I can vote and have an impact on my world.
- For those who give their lives to protect the freedoms I have.
- For the many blessings that come with technology that has been gifted to us.
- For books to read that I may gain knowledge and wisdom from others’ experiences.
- For sleep each night that restores my body.
- For the food I eat and the hands that prepare it.
- For the gifts that God gives to others that I may be blessed by their talents.
- For the gift of writing that I may share with others and for those who share with me by following.
May your heart turn to God in thanksgiving this day and every day. “The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.” (Numbers 6:24-26)