It’s that time again! Back to school. We survived the days of 90+ temperatures and overwhelming humidity in July. And though we still have a full month of summer left, we can’t help think about fall and the upcoming school year—even if we are no longer personally involved getting kids ready.
Walking into any store will remind you that education is making its annual comeback. Christmas in July sales have given way to Back to School sales. Mom is sorting clothes to see that Johnny has once again outgrown all his long pants and wondering if he can go to school in shorts until Christmas. Johnny also needs new tennis shoes. And Susie wants a whole new wardrobe because she can’t possibly wear last season’s outfits.
But mom is not done shopping. There is the excitement of backpacks, folders, pens and pencils, a new lunch box, and maybe some rain boots.
Thankfully, Young Living has some things to make the transition from summer to school year easier and healthier.
Here are five tips for a successful start to the new school year.
- Mom, you are first on the list. Stress Away is a sweet-smelling essential oil blend that will calm you during those shopping sprees with Johnny and Susie. A word of advice from a mom who has been there—if possible, take one child at a time shopping. It saves arguments and sanity.
- Breakfast and Snacks – Stock up on healthy choices for a quick breakfast or between meal snack.
- Einkorn Granola – Eat it dry, add milk to make a cereal, or mix in with yogurt and fruit.
- Wolfberry bars – A great grab and go snack.
- Ningxia popsicles – Have some of these stashed in the freezer for cooling off when summer temperatures continue into early fall.
- Einkorn Flour – This Heirloom Wheat flour contains only 1% gluten and bakes up great using your favorite cookie and quick bread recipes. Check back next week for my blog about baking with Einkorn.
- Focus – Keep essential oils on hand that support cognitive function. Start your day alert and finish with concentration on homework. Try Lemon, Peppermint, or Clarity.
- Thieves – Support the immune system with a Thieves roller or add a few drops to your diffuser while enjoying some family TV time.
- Sleep – Keep essential oils on hand that promote good sleep. When it is time to unwind, and the sun is still in the sky, diffuse some calming oils. Try Lavender, Peace & Calming, or Sleepyize to get everyone settled in for the evening.
Now that you have your shopping well in hand, it’s time to get out and enjoy the remainder of the summer. School will wait a few more weeks.